THE ADVENTURE TRAVEL FILM FESTIVAL 2016
The Adventure Travel Film Festival celebrates some of the most original and fantastic journeys made by independent filmmakers around the world. Real adventure films created by people who have real-life travel dramas. Unlike those scripted and over-edited programmes you sometimes see on TV.
If you're into adventures, you'll be into the ATFF. It's a coming together of both adventure novices and experts. A three-day camping festival full of fantastic films, live music, BBQs, workshops in filmmaking and travel writing, and plenty of fun to be had with like-minded people.
And it's coming soon in London - August 12th to August 14th. Here's what you can expect:
THIS YEAR'S FILMS:
- Ella Maillart – Double Journey (1939 & 2015)
- Familia Ciclista (2015)
- Karun: Misadventures On Iran’s Longest River (2016)
- Kayaking the Aleutians (2015)
- Mondo Enduro (1996)
- One Map for Two (1957 & 2014)
- Peeled Faces on the Amazon: The Story of the Amazon Express (2015)
- Pillock Conquers the World (1969-72)
- Project Origin – Around Martinique by Stand Up Paddleboard (2015)
- Seaside Donkey (2015)
- Short Beauties:
- Land Of Kings
- Borders & Boundaries
- The Story So Far
- The Holy Island
- Quit Job. Travel World. Grow Beard.
- Roads Of Himalayas
- Istanbul — With My Eyes Closed.
- Thailand — In The Garden Of The Dragon
- The Steppe Of Misfortune
- Baltic Sea Cycle
- By Train Across Russia
- The Mysteries
- The Race of My Life
- Expedition Q
- Finding Grandma
- Cartwheelin’ Around NZ
- The Great Game – 30,000 miles across Central Asia (2016)
- The Power of Dreams (2015)
- The Traveller (2014)
- Unbranded (2015)
- Urban Escape (2015)
View the Film Festival Brochure for details on each film.
For those who are interesting in film-making and travel-writing, there will be workshops taking place over the course of the weekend, giving you the chance to learn from some of the experts in the industry:
- How to Make a Film of Your Adventure with Austin Vince
- Travel Photography with Toby Savage
- Social media and crowdfunding with Tom Allen
SPECIALIST FILM-MAKING CLINICS - £25 EACH
- Adventure Film Making with Justine Curgenven
- ‘Magic Dust’ … making your film that bit special with Greg Villalobos
- Stop! Don’t Shoot… with Rob Warner, Freelance Editor for BBC, ITV and C4
- Shooting an Interview with Raph Goldberg of Tanglewood Productions
- Editing for Total Beginners with Raph Goldberg of Tanglewood Productions
- Editing-Intermediate Level with Raph Goldberg of Tanglewood Productions
- Directing with Austin Vince, festival curator and independent film director
- Narrative with Jez Foster of Hardy House Productions
TRAVEL WRITING WORKSHOPS - £30 EACH
- Introduction to Travel Writing with Phoebe Smith
- Making Money from your Travels with Phoebe Smith
Visit the workshop page to find out more.
Where & When
The festival takes place in Mill Hill, North London from Friday 12th August 2016 2.00pm - Sunday 14th August 2016 4.00pm.
Weekend passes include access to all films, talks, added attractions, live music, and camping.
There will be restaurant-quality meals provided in the dining hall, which can either be included in the price of your ticket or purchased separately. There will also be a tuck shop, a bar, and a BBQ.
Full weekend tickets without meals are priced at £89.00, and with all meals for £128.00.
Tickets to the various workshops are sold separately at £25.00/ £30.00 per workshop.
For more information and to buy a ticket, visit: www.adventuretravelfilmtestival.com
17/06/16 This looks like fun
17/06/16 Had a good weekend there last year and hoping for even better this year.
17/06/16 Tempted to go
17/06/16 I have been for the past 2 years and enjoyed the talks about the different travels. Usually lot of enthusiastic people with tales of travelling to all parts of the world and many on motorcycles.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to receive updates and new posts straight to your in-box.